Nhằm khuyến khích sự sáng tạo của sinh viên trong thiết kế hệ thống MCU, Texas Instruments đã công bố cuộc thi thiết kế MCU cho các trường Đại học Việt Nam năm 2012.
I. Contest Period
Contest will divide into 2 phases: regional level - southern, northern & central and country level final.
1. Regional Level: Mar 2012 – Oct 2012.
· North: Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST)
· Central: Danang University of Technology (DUT)
· South: Ho Chi Minh city University of Technology (HCMUT)
2. Country Level: Nov 2012. The Country Level final will be held in Danang, cooperating with Danang University of Technology (DUT).
II. Contest Content
It is required to use TI MSP430 or ARM Cortex-M3 as the main processor. The students can use given MCU boards or design their own hardware platform as well as the software running on this platform to implement a certain function.
III. Contest Targets
Qualification: The contest is open to in school Undergraduates & Graduates. Every team should have 1-3 team members and 1 lecturer as their advisor.
Submit Application Form: All teams should submit an application form for the contest, pronounce their group & design target. The application form can be downloaded from one of following websites:
IV. Score Criteria
In Regional Elections, the judges will evaluate the project quality by scoring the submitted papers (full design files or demo videos can be a strong complementary support).
Score Criteria for Elections (Total 100):
1. Project Integrity 20
2. Innovation 20
3. Thesis Quality 45
4. TI Analog Engagement 15
In Regional & National Finals, the teams need to give a presentation, Q&A and a live demonstration to the judges. Score Criteria for Finals (Total 100):
1. Project Integrity 20
2. Thesis Quality 20
3. Presentation 30
4. Demonstration 30
Please note that in National final, teams must do presentation in English.
V. Contest Time Frame
2. May 8, 2012: Announce the accepted registrations
3. Before Sep 10, 2012: Submit thesis for election
4. Sep 17, 2012: Election Winners Announcement
5. Oct 1, 2012: Regional Finals (South, North and Central)
6. Nov 1, 2012: National Finals
VI. Regional Level Awards (Each Region; Following Cash Awards are Pretax)
1. Teams who enter the Regional finals will get a “Completion of the Contest Award” Diploma Only.
2. 1st Class Award: 1, USD800
3. 2nd Class: 1, USD400
4. 3rd Class: 1, USD200
5. “The most promising”: USD100
6. “The best presentation”: USD50
7. Excellence Advisor Awards: 3 trips to TI Educational Conference (1 for each region).
VII. National Level Awards (Following Cash Awards are Pretax)
1. 1st Class Award: 1, USD2000
2. 2nd Class: 1, USD1000
3. 3rd Class: 1, USD500
4. “The most promising”: USD300
5. “The best presentation”: USD200
1. Sunflower Mission’s Engineering & Technology Scholarships for EACH of the member of the top 3 teams that meet the following criteria:
· The money is to be used only for educational purposes: finish undergraduate degree, pursue graduate study, senior projects, scientific research projects
· Students will have to submit proof for (ii) by 11/30 to our TI VN team to receive the scholarship by 12/30
2. Scholarship amount for each person will be $500 for graduate study, $300 for undergraduate, $200 for senior project & scientific research.
IX. Contest Organization
Organizer: Texas Instruments Inc.
Co-organizer: Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST – North)
Ho Chi Minh University of Technology (HCMUT - South)
Danang University of Technology (DUT - Central)
Consultant: Mrs. Duy Loan Le (TI)
Mr. Kun-shan Lin (TI)
Mr. Nguyen Huu Thanh (HUST)
Mr. Pham Van Tuan (DUT)
Mr. Do Hong Tuan (HCMUT)
Secretariat: Mr. Sunny Lee (TI)
Mr. Kwee Song Lim (TI)
Mr. Thai Hung Le (TI)
Mrs. Do Hanh (HUST)
Mr. PHAM Xuan Trung, Mr. Nguyen The Nghia (DUT)
Ms. Ho Thanh Phuong (HCMUT)
North Region: HUST (1 Chairman, 1 Judge), other 2 from other U in North, 1 from Industry, 1 TI Local FAE.
Central Region: DUT (1 Chairman, 1 Judge), other 2 from other U in Central, 1 from Industry, 1 TI Local FAE.
South Region: HCMUT (1 Chairman, 1 Judge), other 2 from other U in South, 1 from Industry, 1 TI Local FAE.
Please contact below addresses for inquiry if any:
TI reserves the right of interpretation and modification to all Rules & guidance listed above.
TI Vietnam University MCU Design Contest Terms and Conditions –PLEASE READ
Please read and accept the following terms and conditions prior to making any submissions or providing any ideas or materials to TI. All submissions made for the TI Vietnam University MCU Design Contest (TIVUMDC) are subject to these terms and conditions and by making the submission, you would be deemed to have unconditionally acknowledged and accepted the same:
1. Teams must be composed of no more than three (3) students total and one (1) advising teacher. Each team member must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution as a full-time student at all times during participation on the team and must ensure in writing at the lime of entry and submission of the design that he/she is in fact a full-time student.
2. To be eligible to compete, each team must read and complete the entire entry form and submit on time. There are NO ENTRY FEES.
3. Use of a TI MCU (MSP430 or Cortex-M3) in the contest is required. TI Analog is encouraged.
4. All final contest designs must be submitted to the TIVUMDC organizer according to the requirements of the rules and must be RECEIVED on time! Participants will not be allowed to change or supplement their design submissions once they have been received. All contest design submissions must consist of the following:
— A report which describes a TI MCU application. The report must be in both Microsoft Word and PDF formats, and cannot exceed twenty (20) pages. Anything after twenty (20) pages may not be read.
— Final contest design submissions must be consistent with the abstract on the team's entry form.
5. All entrants and advising professors agree to follow and abide by the design requirements and judging criteria.
6. All entrants and advising professors warrant and represent that all contest design ideas and applications submitted to TI are entirely original and that they are the owners of all interests in and rights to such designs.
7. No confidential relationship is established between TI and the entrants and advising professors as a result of entering the TIVUMDC. None of the information submitted by the participants will be treated by TI as trade secrets, confidential information or as protected data under any obligation.
8. To protect participants intellectual property rights, (and our ability to publish the contest design submissions), all entrants and their advising professors agree to be bound by the contest requirements for licensing of non-exclusive rights. Ownership of the design ideas and contest design submissions (hereinafter "Designs") shall remain with the entrants and their advising professors. All entrants and advising professors hereby grant TI Incorporated and its corporate subsidiaries a non-exclusive, world-wide, perpetual and royalty-free license to use the Designs in. or as part of, TI MCU products or products containing or utilizing TI MCUs, to modify the Designs for such uses, and to publish the Designs for such uses by TI or by customers of TI under all applicable intellectual property rights related to the Designs, including but not limited to, patents, trade secrets.
9. Taxes and other obligations are solely the responsibility of the winners. The awards to the Winners are after-tax.
10. No entries or final design submissions will be returned to participants, regardless of whether they are accepted. All entries and final design submissions become the property of TI Incorporated and its corporate subsidiaries.
11. Judges for the contest will be fully competent and are required lo be fair and impartial. Names of the contest judges will be published.
12. Employees of TI and their immediate families are prohibited from entering this contest.
- 15/05/2012 03:15 - Hội thảo khoa học An toàn trong xây dựng đập và vận hành hồ chứa
- 10/05/2012 05:25 - Festival sinh viên Kiến trúc toàn quốc 2012 tại TP. Đà Nẵng
- 08/05/2012 01:24 - Kết quả bốc thăm chia bảng vòng chung kết toàn quốc Robocon 2012
- 23/04/2012 14:05 - Thông báo của Ban Tổ chức Đại hội TDTT CBVC ĐHĐN lần thứ II - 2012
- 12/03/2012 21:41 - Hội thảo Toán học
- 07/03/2012 14:38 - Ngày hội Thông tin du học Pháp toàn quốc
- 23/02/2012 21:26 - Kỳ thi sinh viên giỏi Đại học Đà Nẵng năm 2012
- 02/01/2012 13:30 - Áp dụng Hệ thống cỏ Vetiver trong lĩnh vực môi trường & bảo vệ các công trình xây dựng
- 08/11/2011 15:42 - Công bố kết quả Học bổng kỹ thuật Intel 2011
- 08/11/2011 14:12 - Học bổng Dự án phát triển giáo viên THPT&TCCN